For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. – Exodus 20:11
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. – 2Peter 3:8-9.
It is long believed that the times and seasons of the Lord, which He has determined for human history and for the fulfillment of His Kingdom (Dan 2:21; Acts 1:7; 1Thess 5:1), follow a literal week of millenniums. Just as the Lord at one time conveyed to Daniel the prophet that a seven year period may be called a week (see Dan 9:24-27), so also seven millenniums may be considered one week. Thus there are a week of days, a week of years (as in Dan 9), and a week of millenniums. Thus, the Millennial reign of Christ, where He reigns for 1000 years, and we with Him (Rev 20:6), is considered the Sabbath Millennium. Thus, preceding the Millennial reign of Christ are 6000 years of human history, or “Six Days” if you will, 1000 years each. Below is a charting of this, based primarily on Biblical chronology, and secondarily upon the Gregorian calander reconciled as will be explained. It will be shown that we are in the latter days of the sixth millennium, and that soon Daniel’s 70th week (of years), called by most “the Tribulation Period” will commence- ending with the “Day of the Lord”- or Armageddon, ushering in the “Seventh Day” (of a millennium) being the end of human civilization as we know it, bringing about the Kingdom of God upon earth.
From Creation to the Law
1. From the Creation to the Flood: 1,656 years (Gen 1:3-7:6);
2. From the Flood to Abraham’s Call: 427 years (Gen 8:1-12:4);
3. From Abraham’s Call to the Exodus: 430 years (Gal 3:17; Gen 12:1-4; Ex 12:40);
1) Though Abraham was 75 years old when he left Haran, the 430 years count from when he was called from Ur of the Chaldees with his father Terah (Gen 11:31-32; 12:4), it may be that he was 70 years old at that time.
2) The 400 years in which Israel is said to have been afflicted in a land not thier’s and in Egypt was spoken to Abraham counts exactly from Isaac’s birth when Abraham was 100 years of age (Gen 15:13; 21:5). Hence, the break down is this:
A. Abraham was 70 years old when his father left Ur of the Chaldees, though it was Abraham’s call (Gen 11:31-32; Acts 7:1-4);
B. Abraham was 75 years of age when he received the second promise, the prophecy of his and his descendants sojourning for 400 years, and when he left Haran (Gen 15:13);
C. This 400 years began when Isaac was born when Abraham was 100, 30 years after he was first called in Ur (Gen 21:5);
D. Isaac was 60 years old when Jacob was born (Gen 25:26);
E. Jacob was 130 years old when he came into Egypt (Gen 47:9);
F. From Jacob’s entrance into Egypt to the Exodus is thus 210 years
G. Hence, 30 + 60 + 130 + 210 = 430 years.
From the Law to Cyrus’s Decree
4. From the Exodus to Solomon’s 4th year of his reign: 480 years (1Kgs 6:1);
*Note: This 480 year period of time includes 450 years of the judges, counting Moses as the first judge following the Exodus on up to the prophet Samuel (Acts 13:18-20 —> which read in various translations). Also, Solomon’s Temple is begun at this 480th year.
5. The remaining of the time of the kings of Israel and of Judah unto the Babylonian Captivity: 460 years (1Kgs 6:38-2Chron 36:10-21);
6. Babylonian Captivity unto the decree of Cyrus: 70 years (Jer 29:10; 2Chron 36:21-23; Dan 9:2);
7. Cyrus’ Decree unto the Messiah’s crucifixion: 483 years (Dan 9:24-26);
Comments between Creation and Crucifixion
1) The amount of years that have transpired from creation up to Messiah’s crucifixion = 4006 years.
2). The year of “upto” the Messiah is counted, not at His birth, but at His crucifixion, because as it is written, And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off – Dan 9:26a.
3) The year 6 B.C. is here reckoned as Christ’s date of birth, as we reconcile with our Gregorian Calander. Why?
A. A monk by the name of Dionysius Exiguus decided to create a calendar called “Anno Dommini” which would convert the Roman year counting to a more Christian perspective. He based the first year (1 A.D.) on the death of Herod, supposing that it was the same as the year Christ was born. Thus for him, the death of Herod the Great, 750 A.U. (Anno Urbus) was when Christ was born. But he was 4 years off. Thus most scholars date the birth of Christ, not to 1 A.D. (as there is no year “0”), but between 6 B.C. and 4 B.C.
B. The year 6 B.C. is believed by many scholars to be when Christ was born because He may have been up to 2 years of age when the wise men came to visit Him (Mt 2:1-12, 16).
C. Thus, if Christ’s birth is at 6 B.C., our Gregorian calendar is at least 6 years off.
4) Christ was therefore crucified in the year 27 A.D., and so the 483 years of Daniel’s prophecy dates back from this event.
5) The 70 weeks of years from Dan 9:24-27 break down as follows:
A. Seven weeks (7 x 7 = 49 years) in which the 2nd Temple was built, …even in troublous times as recorded in Ezra and Nehemiah.
B. Sixty two weeks (7 x 62 = 434 years) after the 2nd Temple is built leads up to Messiah’s crucifixion in 27 A.D.
C. 62 + 7 = 69 weeks (69 x 7 = 483 years), leaving the 70th week, or final 7 years of human history yet unfulfilled.
D. The 70th week of Daniel is called “the Tribulation Period” within Christianity, and is linked to the last days by the references to the breaking of the 7 year covenant by the Antichrist after 3 and 1/2 years, as he places an image of himself in the Holy of Holies of a newly built Temple, this being called by both Daniel and Christ Himself, the abomination of desolations (Dan 9:27; Mt 24:15-22). This 2nd half of Daniel’s 70th week is called the Great Tribulation.
Crucifixion to Current Year
8. The Messiah’s crucifixion unto the current year (from 27 A.D. to the current year 2015): 1988 years;
[Given the end of the 4 blood moons, and the end of the Great Jubilee (shimita), what’s the meaning of these signs in relation to the rapture, which is yet future years after 2015?]
*Note: the rapture will occur sometime at the beginning, or just before Daniel’s 70th week what is commonly called the pretribulation rapture (Lk 21:36; Rev 3:10-11; Lev 23:15-17; 1Cor 15:23a; Rev 14:1-5).
The current projection before the start of Daniel’s 70th Week and of the Millennial Reign of Christ:
* These dates will be updated as each year passes, for those who are watching the Eastern Sky. And, if 2014-2018 passes with no significant prophetic event (which is unlikely, given the ‘blood moons’ and other heavenly phenomenon), the years given may be researched further as necessary, insofar as any ‘grey area’ may exist as to their interpretation.
*** Important *** Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh. – Mt 25:13
Disclaimer: This is not an attempt by me to set any kind of date, only to estimate with the limited resources availbable, beginning with the Bible itself, and our inaccurate calanders which could be off by 6-10 years. We literally DON’T know the day nor the hour when Christ will come again. The purpose therefore for this “timeline” is to give us as accurate as possible a general idea of how close we may be, for the sole intent that we would watch and pray, especially as deception and confusion concerning these things will be markedly increased.
Note: These years may again be worked through, as the years 2015-2018 did not see their fulfillment.
May blessings and peace be yours.
Maranatha: even so, come, Lord Jesus.Invite Leon to Speak